Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Citrus Beef Stir-Fry with Carrots

So after savoring one last batch of Grandma's sinfully delicious baked Macaroni and cheese; I started the new year with Weight Watchers! My best friend Heather and I joined the online program together and In One week we each lost 5 lbs! In addition to changing my diet I've added in 30 minute workouts 3 times a week.

For those of you who also are also on WW, stay tuned as I will be posting a lot of Healthy recipes in upcoming blog posts. Just because its healthy doesn't mean it won't taste just as good! Case in point...tonight's recipe, the flavor combination was mouthwatering! Rob said this was way better than any Orange Beef he's ever had from the Chinese take out! He could not believe this was one of my "healthy meals". I contemplated licking my bowl! LOL!

The best part it was only 7 points!!!! I served it over 1/2 cup of Jasmine Rice = 2 points. Total= 9 point dinner!


Citrus Beef Stir-Fry with Carrots

Ingredients

Instructions

Place beef in a shallow dish; pour 2 tablespoons soy sauce over beef. Turn to coat completely. Let marinate 15 minutes in refrigerator.

Combine orange juice, sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, orange rind and red pepper in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add beef and cook 6 minutes. Remove from heat and place on a serving platter; keep warm.

Reduce heat to medium-high; add carrot and onion. Cook 7 minutes or until carrot is lightly browned and crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Increase heat to high; add beef and its juices and orange juice mixture. Cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup).