Friday, November 25, 2011

Croutons

Well I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving Holiday yesterday!? Rob and I managed to find the only deer in the Philadelphia area who must have been drunk on eggnog because he ran right into the side of our car as we were departing Uncle Davids house! Fortunately he only caused minor cosmetic damage to the side view mirror, nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix temporarily!! However I just cannot believe that living in the land of Deer & turkey (aka: Pocono Mountains) where herds of deer frequent my yard daily, we managed to get hit BY a deer in the suburbs of Philadelphia! Story of my Life!!!

Anywho....just thought I would do a quick & easy recipe today! I needed to use up some leftover french bread that is a few days old, good and crusty; so this is a good opportunity to make a batch of homemade Croutons!

Croutons
Pre-Heat oven to 350. Take one Loaf semi-stale crusty French Bread, and cut into cubes. Spread out on a sheet pan. Drizzle with EVOO. Season with: Sea Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, & Onion Powder. Toss so all the cubes are coated evenly and bake for about 10 minutes, until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment