Monday, November 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Pumpkin ~ Dog Treats

So while waiting for the cake to cool, and since I had some leftover Pumpkin on hand, I decided to make a batch of treats for my dogs Stella & Marley! My boss ripped this recipe out of a magazine and put it in my inbox with a note attached stating "Marley called, Please bake for me" LOL!!

This recipe is so easy and you will most likely have all of these ingredients on hand! These make for a great gift during the Holidays! Get creative with cookie cutter shapes, buy some pretty ribbon & bag them up as and inexpensive gift for your pet loving friends!! My Pups love these fresh baked cookies from the oven & I think yours will too!

Peanut Butter Pumpkin ~ Dog Treats

2 ½ Cups Whole-wheat Flour

2 Eggs

½ Cup Canned Pumpkin

2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

  • Pre-Heat Oven to 350 degrees
  • Whisk together all ingredients in a bowl. Dough should be dry & stiff, but workable. You may need to add bit of water to the dough if it’s not pliable.
  • Throw a pinch of flour on your cutting board and roll out dough till it’s about ½ inch thick. Using a cookie cutter cut into bite size pieces, arrange on cookie sheet.
  • Bake 40 minutes until hard.

From the Kitchen of Rachel Travers

(This recipe was adapted from a magazine article, In NCC Fall ’09)

Click here for a Printable version:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/72730920/Peanut-Butter-Pumpkin-Dog-Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment